Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Past Inspiration

Sometimes when i don't feel like painting new stuff I go back and look at some of my favorites from the past. They are not always the best I've painted, and some of them are pretty beat up, but you can always remember the feeling of accomplishment that comes with a finished model, especially those that taught you something. Here is one of the two models that brought me back to wargaming and painting about 5 years ago.



LoTR Isengard Troll

I found this troll at a store that basically sold unclaimed/lost shipments from 40%-70% off. I went there to buy DVDs for $3-$10 most of the time and found some minis in the kids toys section. I believe i paid under $5 for this guy. He was the first fig I painted in almost 10 years. And let me tell you, there is a huge difference in how you paint when your 16 to when you are 25 even without practice.



This was also the first fig i ever based. I really liked how some of the sand stuck to the bottom of the trolls feet, not intentionally, and made it look more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment