Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mini Exchange

We had a mini exchange in our local area in the month of June. I recieved a Madelyn Corbeau model from the Warmachine line to paint. I will freely admit i was very nervous about this exchange for multiple reasons.
  1. I had never done a mini exchange before.
  2. I had not painted a model in at least 3-6 months.
  3. I had never painted a female model.
  4. I had never painted a Privateer Press model before. 
  5. The painter I exchanged with is a very good painter.
  6. Madelyn doe not have a lot of armor or detail to hide behind.
  7. I was trying many new techniques to get the model "Up to snuff."
Wow, that was more reasons than even i realized!! Luckily I did not list them out before jumping in with both feet. Four of the seven concerns I had I will never be able to use again. Hallelujah!

On to the actual painting stuff.

Here is the earliest photo i have of the model.




Before I even started I was looking at her head to plan out the color scheme and managed to twist her head off. Not exactly an auspicious beginning....

But, I kept at it.


And kept at it.


And put the head back on.



I have a buddy at work who was nice enough to try to take some good pictures of it. They are very good pictures... a little too good since I can see every mistake I made. For the sake of constructive critisism I'm including them anyways.



So, what do you think? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment